And as friends leave....

Spanish Version


Lola left the US. She left Monday morning. I hadn't seen her since before Christmas and I had a picture of her, Marco and me the day we went to Birds. I remember that day I drove her car and left the key in the ignition and the car open while we were eating. Lola wasn't very random but unpredictible. I would never know when I was going to see her. She'd say she'd come and she'd forgot, or be late, or most likely had a problem. Usually it was her cousin, her cousin gave her trouble, or not lend the car. Or her cousin's daugther would always request her attention.
I don't know how Lola never had money. Only once, she paid for a pair of shoes becasue I needed black shoes to work at the restaurant where we both were and she gave me $20 to but new shoes. I paid her back when I knew she had no dinero. She spent a lot, she told me. So much that she was dry. She bought a fake social security number to be able to work but she didn't, I don't know why. As I'm telling you, Lola even cancelled her cell phone so I couldn't reach her unless I called Marco.
Well, Lola's great. Lola's fun and honest and sensitive. That's why I love her. But mi nina Lola left. Lola's mom came to she States a few weeks ago and forced Lola to go back to Venezuela. Lola was almost crying when she told me. She wanted to escape, she didn't want to leave the US.
She told me she was going to visit me on Sunday night, the day before she was leaving, but she never called and never came. And Lola left. I couldn't say goodbye or anything. I couldn't give her the picture I have. Marco told me he got mad at her because she didn't even pack and he had to wait there instead of having the last night out with her. Lola is like that, never expect her to come when she says she will.

I love Lola and I miss her. And I have one less friend around me now.

This is the song I found for her

4 comments:

Loly. said...

Te quiero!!! Gracias por escribir esto! ❤

Anonymous said...

Good blog post, nice efforts. It couldn't appear to have been penned any better. Reading this article piece of writing reminds me about my old boss! He usually kept babbling about this. I will email this post to him. Pretty confident he will probably have a high-quality read. Appreciate your posting!

Lula said...

He kept babbling about what?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you yet again for this amazing web-site you have designed here. It's full of ideas for those who are definitely interested in this subject, especially this very post. You're really all absolutely sweet and thoughtful of others plus reading your blog posts is a superb delight if you ask me. And what a generous gift! Ben and I are going to have fun making use of your points in what we should instead do next week. Our list is a mile long and tips might be put to good use.