Books and coconut vanilla tea

Some people might have had a different experience than mine but for me, going to School to study Literature wasn’t exactly a book-loving experience. The first two years might have been fun and confirmed my passion, but by the end of the second year and throughout the third I became a bitter reader. I was exhausted, I hardly read with joy and I ended up book-fasting for more than a year, until the moment I hated reading and it was like the relationship I have with Math. I sold myself as a reader but I really hated reading at the time!

I even bought books on Amazon but I would start a few pages and then throw it under the bed. I posted on my Blog about my dilemma and someone told me I should read those books which are easy to read.

Remembering The great Gatsby on my shelf I went and took it, started it, enjoyed it, and got ready for more. My new adventure started with the list my English Literature professor gave us once: “1001 books you must read before you die” and I bought the number one on the list Never let me go of Kazuo Ishiguro.


This book was amazing and heartbreaking, moving and innovative. For book commentary click here.

Now I promised myself to do a classic book I should have read in college, but honestly, “The Scarlet Letter” does not call my attention as much as Saturday of Ian McEwan or Zadie Smith’s On beauty, number 2 and 3 on the list.


No comments: