Quick Italian salad with the Argentine favorite: steak!




This is a salad that we don't have that often in Argentina because cheese is expensive. Beef is one of the ultimate favorites for us Argentines and it is a trade mark of our land.

Here I'm combining both making a healthy dinner. Yes, even though I am cooking red meat, I am not adding any dressing, any sauce, just salt. That is how we eat it in Argentina. The same with the salads: dressings do not exist, we survive (and with much pleasure!) on olive oil, lemon, balsamic vinagrette and that-is-it! Maybe that's why I was 40 lbs less.

Ok so the salad is pretty simple. Slice the mozarella (I found great priced fresh mozzarella a Costco), the tomatoes and chop the basil. Add a few drops of balsamic and olive oil.

I cook the steak in a non stick pan, with two teaspoons of olive oil and in low temperature if you want it rare. Sprinkle salt and pepper.

6 comments:

Fabi said...

This is a "Caprese salad", dear, my favorite salad. Suddenly I feel unbearable craves for mozzarella, yum! Have a nice day Lula.

Lula said...

yes caprese salad! Yum!

Bethany Gonzales said...

Nice blogs girl!

Christina said...

Yum!

Michele said...

This salad puts my Italian hubby in a great mood - you made us hungry! xoxo michele

Anonymous said...

good start