Another Sunday, another breakfast recipe!


Yum! Yes, Sunday is coming! For the last couple of Sunday mornings I have been strong enough to wake up early enough to cook a proper breakfast for me and my hubby. From Monday to Friday my husband leaves home with a bowl of oat meal with brown sugar and bananas (with the last exceptios, another thing I am trying to change) and Sundays we both like to sleep in as much as possible before going to church, so we end up either starving until breakfast or eating from a drive thru place.

Trying to incorporate a savings mode behaviour, we try not to eat out as much as possible. Plus, I need to loose weight AND as I said before, I want to honor my husband by using my time cooking for him (oh, how he is appreciating it!)

Soooooo this is one of my Sunday recipes. To be honest, I baked it Saturday night, smart aren't I? Therefore, Sunday morning I just had to heat it up and make a couple of teas (his, decaf, honey and milk; mine, caff, honey, lemon and ginger, hmmmm)

Extremely easy, cooking 101. Beat the eggs, add some water for more fluffines. Add parmesan cheese and mix.
Chop some jam and jalapeƱos. You can also add spit green peas to it. I was going to, but I couldn't find the can I swear I had.

SauteƩ green and red bell peppers and onions.
Mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper, and bake. You can also add country cut french fries to it, but I went low carb. This recipe came from a famous Argentien "revuelto gramajo" that is, jam, peas, scrambled egg, the peppers and shoe string chips on top. I make it with french fries cut in squares.

I haven't posted in a week, I know. I have been going through a lot. I went to the Dr, the polyp is small and I'm having it removed (God willing, insurance in the middle) on Friday, Please keep everything in your prayers (insurance included) because I wouldn't like to reschedule.

Thank you so much to all the wonderful people that left me encouraging messages on this blog. All of them where warm words that kept me positive and sighing with hope.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Look good!

Danielle Celeste Couture said...

OOOoooo....that looks so good. I will have to try making it. I am sorry to hear about your health concerns. I will send up prayers for you.

Lula said...

Christina: thank you!!

Danielle: thanks <3

Ashley: thank you girl! You have no idea how much you've inspired me to do more house stuff, be creative and sharing it with others! I started my 20 hour job, and I know I made the right decision!