Healthy turns and friendly flops.

I've taken a 180 degree turn when it comes to my health and my weight. One more pound and I've lost 10! Woooho! But some blood work told me my cholesterol is 172. According to the Doctor's notes, 200 or less is desirable, but I checked online and everything over 100 is not optimal. My dad had a heart attack in 2009 and had to have a triple, yes, triple bypass. I don't want to go down that road. That, and the fact that I set myself the goal of going back to my best weight before we start trying for a baby, put everything in perspective (adding to the polyp, that might have been caused by a hormonal imbalance, and it could have been due to overweight. My doc doesn't want to assure me of anything).

Anyway, I don't mean to whine, just to share with you that I bought lots of fish and some chicken (no more red meat), oat meal and dry fruits, strawberries and other berries for the oats, almonds, and other healthy stuff.

My first result: crispy salmon according to Chef Ramsay. However, forgot to take pictures. But the next day I did my chicken with salad.

Let me tell, it was delish!! My mom always cook chicken the following way: she used whole chicken (the only option available and affordable back in the day) and set up a shallow pan with kosher salt or sea salt (the same?) and placed the chicken with skin on on top. She put it in the oven. The salt evaporizes and flavors the chicken, resulting in a delicious soft chicken!

So what I did was the following, I put sea salt on the base of the pan, placed the chicken breast previously rubbed by some garlic cloves.
I peeled loots of garlic cloves and put them around the chicken, the same with onions and some red bell peppers. Put it in the oven for around 25 minutes. You can check the temperature and time accordingly. Sprinkle on top rosemary, basil and parsley.

It turned out amazing! I coudln't stop commentig to my husband how impressed I was with myself :P

Salad is prepared the following way:
greens
tomatoes
shredded carrots (better if you shred it yourself)
2 boiled eggs cut in little pieces
avocado pieces
olive oil
juice of half a lemon
a splash of balsamic

heavenly and healthy!

Summary of ingredients for the chicken:
chicken breast or your favorite piece
garlic to taste
onions
red bell pepper
sea salt.


Today I went for brunch with my lovely friend Lisa and we had a blast! We went to Orange, CA, by the old town and walked around the cute stores!




Sunday I have a wedding and Saturday I plan to catch up on lots of things!

How was your Friday! What are your weekend plans?

4 comments:

Christina said...

Good Job! You can do it!
XOXO

Lula said...

Ash: thank you! You know you were an important inspiration in this process!

Christina: thanks!!!

Danielle Celeste Couture said...

That looks so good. I am seriously going to make this. Thank you darling for leaving a comment and caring enough to sympathize. i really appreciate it and I appreciate you. Love, danielle

Michele said...

congrats!! quite an accomplishment! and your dinner looks amazing - you had me at chicken and garlic!! ;)

Thank you so much for the visit and recommendation today. You make the blog stronger with your valuable input. Thanks again!

xoxo michele