Peaceful weekend


There used to be a time when I would plan my weekend ahead and schedule everything on a timetable. Then I married an introvert who works outside all day and needs some downtime. At the beginning I was horrorized by staying one hour inside if it was the weekend. Now I am fond of it, I can enjoy that time with my husband taking care of my home.

I will plan something to do out one of those days (Sundays we go to church already) but I will let my husband choose first.

Last Saturday I met with my friend Jeanene in Irvine. We went to a bakery called 85c degree owned by Asians where they sell breads and pastries I have never seen in my life. I knew it was a popular place, but I didn't expect to have to wait 45 minutes in a line to get some pastries and an iced latte. On top of that my poor friend Jeanene is on a diet, and she ended up just drinking water :s.

This is what I wore to meet with her:

Blouse: $13 Nordstrom's rack
Jeans: $10 Forever 21.
Necklace: $5 Forever 21.

Saturday night we watched "The Town" with my husband. I didn't like it. I didn't like the way they want you to feel about criminals. I'm sorry, I won't feel empathy for a bank robber. And I didn't like the end, but I won't say it in case you haven't seen it.

A movie I did like that we watched Friday night, was "Shutter Island". I love cerebral movies that make you think.
And we LOVED "The King's speech". Colin Firth, what an actor!!

Do you have those fav actors that make you watch a movie, just because they're in there?
For example, I would watch a movie with Leo Di Caprio (after "Catch me if you can", "The departed", "Inception", and "Shutter..."). I would watch anything with Tom Hanks, Colin Firth and even Jim Carrey (I am in love with "Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind").
I give a chance to Elijah Wood, after "Everything is illuminated".
Anthony Hopkins, "The proof", "Hearts in Atlantis" and "Meet Joe Black".
I might be able to go on, but I can't think of anyone now.

Do you have one of your own?





5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Yes, with Abthony Hopkins, the "Carnnival" saga, and with Sean Connery, " Camelot" in which act Richard Gere too, "Heart brave" and so much...

Traci Michele said...

ur so cute!

Love,
Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

Lauren said...

Thanks for stopping by! I imagine, someday, you'll get excited over stupid stuff like mopping your floors or attempt to iron a rug (it just made sense that that's how I'd get the bubbliness out). The life of a housewife, it's fun stuff!
P.S. my fav. actors are Tina Fey and Will Ferrell. My husband and I are mildly obsessed with Tina Fey and will watch/read anything having to do with her. Baby Mama's our favorite movie of all time.

Danielle Celeste Couture said...

You look really cute, Lula. Thye Asian bakery sounds very intriguing.

Miki's scrapbook said...

I totally know what you mean! I really enjoy being in my home now! ;p

And I love Colin Firth, too. I'd watch any movie with Jenna Elfman or Kelly MacDonald.