Sorry for the absence!


My friend Ana Paula.


Hey all!! I've missed you!!! I have lots of excuses to tell you why I haven't been blogging.

Monday I arrived from my trip to my home country: Argentina!!
It was an amazing time with family and some friends I got to see, but most important, I passed 3 finals!! Wooohoo! Now I have only 3 papers left to write and send and hopefully get my BA diploma!

The time with family was amazing. This time I focused more on my parents and sisters (my brother wasn't present for various reasons). In previous trips I would be all about seeing friends and sometimes people weren't very responsive, each one has its own life and a lot of my old friends didn't seem to want to change their schedule for me. It's ok. I told myself this time I'd send an email with my phine number, whoever wants to see me will call. I got to see a couple of good girl friends :)My nephew Ian!

But the most important, I got to see my baby nephew!!! It was a great time to reconnect with my baby sister -she's 19 now- who had Ian ten months ago. Needless to say, I am in love with the baby!!Laura, Ian and me :)

My sister Jazmin, her boyfriend and the baby moved in the little apartment in the front of my parents house (not that I am completely in agreement with them living together and not being married) and it was a great opportunity to see Ian every-single-day! Oh, how I love him!!

I didn't see the rest of my family until I was done with tests, I didn't want to risk it too much.
BUT, the general consensus was: I need to lose weight. No, don't get them wrong, it was tough love. They're right. I am 40 lbs overweight and more and more every time they see me, so for them it must be a shock to see me bigger and bigger, and I am only 28.

So, yesterday, I joined weight watchers. HAVE YOU BEEN IN IT?? I find it hard and complicated! I hope it gets easier!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Glad you are home safe! 40 lbs over weight? Are you sure? I think you look great!

Janette, the Jongleur

Courtney said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful and amazing trip! Your new nephew is darling... And you go girl with the weight watchers. I've never been in it, but have heard many fantastic success stories. Just know you are beautiful at every weight you will journey through and at your present weight too! God made you gorgeous Lula!