Things I want to do while I am in Buenos Aires- Part 1

Surprising at is it, I've never been to the Colon Theater. Oh, sorry, not colon, Colón as in Cristóbal Colón or Christopher Colombus or  Cristoforo Colombo, his real name because as you know, he was Italian. Well, it's a very well known theather in Buenos Aires.  (There's something messed up with the font here, but it's too late for me to figure it out!)


  As Wikipedia puts it "The Teatro Colón is the main opera house in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is ranked the third best opera house in the world by National Geographic, and is acoustically considered to be amongst the five best concert venues in the world."



 A lot of elementary school students might have done a school trip to it, but I didn't get the chance, much like what happened with the Planetarium (more on an upcoming post).

Now that the dollar exchange is in such an advantage to those who have it -which is a horrible thing to Argentines as it's 15 pesos- 1 dollar, yikes!- I can afford one night at the Teatro Colon to watch a philarmonic, a ballet show or the opera! The cheapest seat is about $12! 


We're still deciding what we're going to go see, but being that we will be there before Christmas and they're showing The Nutcracker... seems like a good thing to do. Don't you think?


Therefore, I don't know if this is #1 on my list of things I want to do in Buenos Aires, it's in my list of things to do. 
I can actually make up a pretty quick list of things:

#1: hug my dad, sisters, brother, family. 

I love this picture of my dad!

#2, that comes to mind: EAT A HUGE PIZZA

#3: Have Argentine ice cream!


#4: yes, after all of that, catch up with some friends, :P (I have way to many pictures I could put here)

#5: hang out with my sister Laura and take her to the Planetarium and to eat a cool place.


#6: take my nephew, my other sister and William to the Zoo!

#7: do something with my borther and his girlfriend.

#8: go to the Colon Theater to see something. 

#9: go to a Les Luthier show with whoever wants to come (more on that later as well).

I will be adding things as I remember, but this pretty much helps me put all my thoughts in order because I keep day dreaming about all of the things I want to do!


No comments: