CLEAN TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE

I feel like this recipe is a little bit out of fit considering the weather lately. But I can't assume you all live where I live so you might actually want to make this soup!

With the juicing and all there were days where I really needed something warm and comforting, so I tried my best to make the cleanest soup I could.




Ingredients:

6-8 tomatoes
1 whole garlic (less if you're not a garlic person)
1 yellow onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
a bunch of basil
Olive Oil
garlic salt
oregano
Half and Half, optional.

This is super easy!

You slice the tomatoes and the peppers and spread them across a shallow pan. Sprinkle olive oil and garlic salt. Broil it in the oven watching that it doesn't get to burnt.

In the mean time, saute the minced garlic and onions in a pan with olive oil until soft and golden and when it's almost done add the basil.

When the tomatoes and peppers look roasted take them out and mix everything into a blender with a splash of half and half. I only put half and half when I made this last soup but I normally don't. It did add a kick to it. Add the oregano as well and blend. Serve immediately and with some Parmesan cheese on top if preferred. Enjoy!








2 comments:

Talita said...

mmm delicious!!!!!

Lula Fernandez said...

it is!!! Gracias ma