CHIMICHURRI SAUCE

I've had some people asking me to share this recipe on the blog after I asked what kind of recipes I should post! So here it is the chimichurri sauce!



It's oh so good! It changes everything and at the same time it's not overpowering to go with meat. We usually eat it on red meat and chorizo (oh, I have to share the choripan recipe eventually: chorizo + pan (bread) = choripan) but here in the US I've seen Argentine restaurants bring in the chimichurri to eat with bread and even beef empanadas. Not bad actually, but my friends looked at me weird when I did it over there.

When I made it, I cooked some carne asada for my hubs and boy and I poured me some over cucumbers and it was delicious so you can keep that in mind it can even be a veggie dip!



 I cooked the beef in the same pan as the potatoes and the potatoes got all juicy and delicious!






Ingredients:

SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS

3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
1/4 red pepper flakes or fresh red bell pepper finely minced
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro (I skipped it because I didn't have any)
1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano (you can use dry too but let it soak longer)
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more

Optional:
1-2 chives/green onion finely minced or 1 shallot

Process the parsley in a food processor if you have or chop and mince everything and mix in the liquid ingredients. Keep refrigerated and eat before 48 hours have passed. Enjoy! 

Oh, if you make it and you want to twit or post on Instagram, post a pic with the #cookingwithLula hash tag! 

No comments: