ARGENTINE SHEPHERD'S PIE

Hey guys,


I have no excuse for my absence other than not making the time to write on here. I have the time, but I chose to do other things, and I apologize for it. I had ideas, I had photos for some posts or I had the post written and not the photo. Either way, I am sorry, I am here now. 
Since I revamped this blog I have been dedicating a lot of time to it and taking it like a job, but these last couple of days I got super excited my mom is here and we did a lot together. 
One of the things we did was this super yummy Argentine Shepherd's Pie. This is our family recipe!
It's delicious, take my word for it!

You'll need:

1 lb of ground beef
1 red bell pepper






1 green bell pepper
5 garlic cloves
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 yellow onion
6-7 potatoes, cubed, and boiled, then mashed. 
Butter and milk for the potatoes.
6-7 slices of Swiss cheese or cheese of preference
some Parmesan cheese
2 hard boiled eggs
olives, optional.

How to:

Cube, boil and mash potatoes, add about 1/2 a stick of butter and a splash of milk or half and half. Set aside. 
Chop garlic, onions and pepper and saute in hot oil until almost soft. Add ground beef and stir occasionally until fully cooked. Add the hard boiled eggs in small cubes, add the olives in small pieces.
Grab a square or rectangular Pyrex or metal pan. About 5 inches tall. Spread the beef mixture evenly. Spread the mashed potatoes on top and then the slices of cheese and lastly, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese. 
Cook at 350 for 20 minutes and in the last 5 minutes turn on the broiler but keep the oven door o-pen so you can peek that it the cheese doesn't burn. Serve hot and enjoy!


No comments: