TORTA DE CHOCOLINAS (CHOCOTORTA) AN ARGENTINE CLASSIC

This cake is the bomb! I promised I would show you how to make this classic Argentine cake. It's called CHOCOTORTA because it's made with a type of chocolate cookie called "Chocolina" that












looks like this:
It's a very thin crusty cookie. It's hard to find it here in the US so my mom and I found this one instead. It's a sandwich cookie with a really decadent cream that ended up giving the cake a pizzazz.



So for this cake below you'll need 1 pack of those cookies

1 can of dulce de leche (you can find this kind in the Hispanic aisle of most stores):

Sour cream, about 16 oz but add to taste. You may ask me what's to taste? I've never done this cake! Well, 16 oz should do it. Try to get a light caramel color.
Brewed coffee at room temperature.
Chocolate shavings, I used 1/2 each of Cadbury's milk and dark chocolate.
This is what you do.

Mix the dulce de leche with the sour cream, you can do it by hand or use a blender.
Open the sandwich cookies if that's what you have. Prepare a pyrex or a pan of at least 5 inches tall. Put some coffee in a semi shallow bowl and dip each cookie for about 4 seconds and place on the surface of your pan until you cover the pan with 1 layer of cookies. Then spread a think layer of the dulce de leche and sour cream mix. In my family, we gave it the name of "tata".
Then repeat step 2 (diping the cookies in the coffee, make a layer, spread a layer of tata on top until you're done with cookies. Normally you'd be able to do 3 layers of cookies. Top it with the tata mix. Sprinkle the chocolate on top and refrigerate at least 30 mins before serving. the longer the better.



Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram!

No comments: