HOMEMADE DULCE DE LECHE COFFEE CREAMER

Even though it's been really hot here in Southern California (autumn didn't get the memo it was time to come yet), I still drink hot coffee in the morning and my mom and I are fans of a coconut creamer we buy at the store. But I started thinking that these creamers can get expensive and are not the healthiest thing. All in moderation I think it's ok, and we normally don't drink more than 2 cups of coffee a day.

Reflecting on the traditional Argentine flavors, I thought it would be a good idea to try to make my own Dulce de leche creamer, what do you think?

It's super easy to make!

Just mix 1/2 cup of dulce de leche
with a 1 cup of milk (choose your own percentage based on your tastes and needs) in a sauce pan and heat over medium low heat, stirring until it becomes an homogeneous (I loved this word when I was little and watched cooking shows) mix and it looks smooth.
You can store it in a mason jar and refrigerate but you can pour some in your coffee as soon as it's done.

It's super tasty on either cold or hot coffee. Enjoy!


No comments: