For both of Will's borthday cakes we went for designs we found on Pinterest but we followed our own recipe, my mom and I.
We always refer back to Argentine flavors because we think they go great on cakes and it's something that people don't see often.
We went with same flavor cakes this time but different filling. I will try to write a recipe for last year's cake.
So for the gift Mickey Mouse cake you'll need:
- 2 box cake mixes, we used yellow and chocolate, and you'll need everything that is listed to make it. Bake each one in a separate pan, as big as you want to make the gift cake.
- 1 can of dulce de leche
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 16 oz of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of strawberries or more as needed.
- red fondand 3 packs
- yellow fondant 1 packs
- a Mickey Mouse plastic toy, or cardboard image (like we did)
- cake pop sticks for the stars
- white glazed frosting to stick the stars to the sticks.
- After you have the batters baked and cool, cut each one in half.
- Beat the cream until hard and whipped, and cut strawberries into quarters.
- Spread a lot of cream into one of the surfaces of the cake and then place strawberries evenly on top of the cream.
- Top with the other half of the cake.
- Mix dulce de leche with 1 stick of melted butter and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Spread mix onto the top of the first cake.
- Top that with one half of the second cake and repeat the whipping cream step (with strawberries).
- Top last layer of cake and put in the fridge for an hour.
- For the decor, once it's cool, you need to work the fondant in a flat surface with a rolling bin and cover the whole cake, wrapping around in the corners.
- Then work the yellow fondant and do two thick strips as to imitate ribbons tying the gift and then work smaller strips of yellow was the bows and ends of the ribbon.
- Place Mickey Mouse in the middle of the gift. Cut extra fondant into start shapes and stick to cake pop sticks with white glazed frosting letting it cool and then stick to the cake and that's it! Hope that was easy to follow!!