DIY BATH SALTS AND BODY SCRUB TO PAMPER YOURSELF THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayGlow #CollectiveBias



This Holiday season comes extra busy for our family. The last few Christmases we had a baby and a 1 year old, but now with William being 2 it seems like there's a lot more action in our home. I have been working part time from home doing translations, writing articles and proofreading, aside from the Etsy shop that keeps me quite busy! It's been a challenge to balance everything.



Needless to say, things like doing my make up, and even trimming my eye brows have been on the back burner. But I don't want to forget about me in the midst of the hectic days. It makes me feel good to be dolled up even if I am going to the post office to drop off orders or if I go grocery shopping at Costco.


One of these days I was at Costco, William was whiney the whole time - he was indeed hungry - and I saw these Olay products on display. I had been eyeing them for some time and I thought, now's the chance, stocking stuffers for momma. I bought the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream and the Olay Regenerist Regeneration Serum (“Available in Warehouse”). They also have an Olay Body Wash and the Moisturizer, which I'll get next time.



I love shopping at Costco for the Holidays because they have not only great products but large packaging which is super helpful, because I don't run out of things fast. I love shopping, don't get me wrong, but if you're a mom you know it gets 5 times harder to go shopping with a toddler. Costco has everything we need for our household. I even bought Will's Christmas present there already.


I wanted to share with you two easy ways to make something really simple yet super nice for yourself. Something I love to do is take baths. As moms, I know a lot of us barely shower. Well, for me, a hot shower every day relaxes me before bedtime and I will not part from it. But once in a while, I love to soak in a bath and relax and exercise mindfulness. I made my own bath salts with lavender essential oil that you will love. Not only is completely de-stressing, but it makes your skin smell and feel nice and soft.



But, if you're not the bath type, I made a skin scrub for you with citrus and coconut. It will exfoliate your skin and moisturize it. I don't know about you but during the colder months my skin gets super dry and itchy. This scrub was orange and lemon peel, which have vitamin c and are really good for your skin, sugar and coconut to scrub your skin and leave it smelling yummy and coconut oil to hydrate it. You can also use olive oil.


DIY Bath Salts Tutorial:
You'll need:

1 cup of Epsom salts
20 drops of Lavender essential oil
1/2 cup of Sea Salt or Kosher salt
Purple food coloring (optional)
Dried lavender leaves (optional)




DIY Body Scrub Tutorial:

2 tbsp of shredded and dried coconut
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup of rose water
1/3 cup organic sea salt
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1 lemon peel
1 orange peel.





What I do once a week is: I soak in the bath with my diy bath salts, I take that time to shave with
my Venus Swirl and after I am almost ready to get out, I scrub my legs, arms and face (you can use it wherever, but these are my main dry areas) and then I wash it off in the shower. After my skin is dry and treated. I put on my, Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream, that works in the wrinkles appearances, (because after 30 we all start to get them!) and my Olay Regenerist Regeneration Serum. I'm really happy I got these two, because it's been a while since I wanted a serum to complete my face care routine and I also wanted an anti age cream. Never too early to start!


I keep both by my night stand so I don't forget to use them every night. The good thing is that buying at Costco I get a huge discount on Olay products so I don't feel like I am spending big bucks.

Hope you liked the tutorials and make sure you reserve some time to treat yourself this Holiday season!

To know more about the products Procter & Gamble products click here!

What are some ways you pamper yourself during the Holidays?

1 comment:

Cristi Comes said...

I have never made my own body scrubs but I love how simple it sounds. A perfect complement to my Olay skincare routine. Thank you! #client