TODAY'S THE DAY!: EVENINGS FILLED WITH THE FORCE AND SWEET THINGS

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#AwakenYourTastebuds #CollectiveBias


What are we doing tonight you ask? We're going to watch the new Star Wars movie! This is a big deal for my family because my hubby LOVES this saga, he's what you call, ehm, uhm, a geek! 

In preparation to the big premiere of the latest Star Wars episode, my husband wanted to watch all of the movies, one or two a night. Our son absolutely enjoys them and it was a good excuse to have family time so, why not? I've watched them before, because my hubby said I couldn't call myself a true American unless I watched Star Wars, but now he wanted to watch them again! So every night this week we've been watching a movie. I have to confess I bribed him to take me out to dinner for every two movies we watch, he he he. But I ended up enjoying them even more than the first time!



Of course, if we're going to do a movie marathon, we need some desserts! And what better than the General Mills Star Wars cereal we've been buying lately to add to the fun? 


I buy this cereal at Walmart, and I love the new Star Wars packaging they made, it even includes a toy inside!




I incorporated my family's favorite cereal to one of my favorite dessert recipes:

Dulce de Leche No Bake Pie. 
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooling time: 2-3 hours

You'll need:

1 1/2 cans of dulce de leche
1 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios
2 cups of Cinnamon Crunch
1 pack of chocolate melts or 1 bag of chocolate chips
1/3 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter divided in half


1. Grind the Cheerios and the Cinnamon Crunch in your food processor until they're fine and mix with the melted butter. 
2. Press into a pie mold (8 inches or smaller). 
3. Mix the dulce de leche with half the butter and the sugar. 
4. Pour on top of the crust.
5. Lastly, melt the chocolate and spread evenly trying to get a thick layer on top of the dulce de leche. 
6. Cool for at least two hours and enjoy!

WARNING: you might need a glass of milk with this yummy pie!
You can also replace dulce de leche with peanut butter, no extra butter needed. 

Hope you love it! 



Are you watching the new Star Wars movie? What are your plans? Are you waiting in line for the big event? Are you letting a few days go by before the hype is over? Don't go on Facebook, you know how some people love to spoil movies! 

And click here for more info about the yummy General Mills cereals and recipe ideas!