THE DISAPPOINTING RETURN OF CROSSING LINES

Were you like me, waiting (non)patiently for the return of Crossing Lines on their 3rd season? The first two are available to stream on Netflix and the show was really good!


The main character is William Fichtner, who you've probably seen as the bad cop in Prison Break, but this time he comes back as a good cop, Carl Hickman, wanting to catch bad guys and deal with some old baggage.



There's also Carrie-Anne Moss (Matrix) and oh, the boss of the bosses, Donald Sutherland, a special agent who puts together a sort of Interpol team to uncover crimes that cross European borders.
The guy below Donald Sutherland is, Marc Lavoine, a super honest French guy who loves his team.





Carl Hickman is the FBI agent who kinda directs the team, and this team is formed as follows:


Tom Wlaschiha as Sebastian Berger, a German IT genius with 1 facial expression accross the board. He's like the Penelope Garcia but with 0 charm. My least favorite character. Oh, and I just found out he's on Game of Thrones, hmmm shocking. 



On the other side of the spectrum, we have hot headed Irish Richard Flood as Tommy McConnel, who comes from the ghetto and wants to do the right thing but struggles with a family of criminals.



Same as poor Eva Vittoria, by Gabriella Pession, a beautiful Italian ex interpol agent who's mob father was killed. 
RIP Anne-Marie
RIP Sienna



We also have 2 girls that get killed and one new girl, Arabela Seeger by Lara Rossi, who comes right at the end of the season.

New girl

We get to see some of the characters personal struggles and of course, like it always happens to me, I get attached.

The last episode of season 2 ends in a tragedy, and we don't know if this beloved character dies or not. Fast forward 2 years later, I get a notification that Crossing Lines is back! I am ecstatic, log on Netflix, only to realize that the team was completely stripped, Arabella explains that after last year's tragedy (she never really says what happened) everyone in the team decided to leave, except her, although the German expressionless IT guy is in some office when Arabella goes to recruit him back to the team. HE GETS RECRUITED BACK??? Where's Carl Hickman, Tommy or Eva! I want them back!

Needless to say, they cast a bunch of good actors for this new seasons, but I am sorry, I am not ready to move on with this just yet. I have to mourn for the lost characters that I missed so much.

New cast....


Have you watched this show? Will you? Have you started season 3? Tell me what you think!







10 comments:

Unknown said...

So I just finished the last episode of season 2 and it just messed me up because Louis dies witch I can't believe I mean what is that but the thing that I can't stand is what about Eva I love Eva and then they just leave her like that I mean come on so then I went on to watch the first episode of season 3 and no one is there except for berger and there is no explanation of what happens to Eva and don and where did richerd go could he just not handle losing another member or what I mean u just can't do that to people u just can't leave a show like that with my favorite Italian girl dead in a hotel room or missing or what ever happend

Unknown said...

THATS TRUE! THIS IS A DISASTER! I loved all of the caracters in both first/second season and poff....all gone now in season 3 without any further explanation,-IM SO DISSAPOINTED and will probably not continue watching it.

Unknown said...

Completely agree! Been binge watching the first two seasons, just got to season 3, episode 1, and I'm devestated. Why would they just replace nearly the entire cast with virtually no explanation?!?!?

Unknown said...

Completely agree! Been binge watching the first two seasons, just got to season 3, episode 1, and I'm devestated. Why would they just replace nearly the entire cast with virtually no explanation?!?!?

Hask said...

Omg!!! What have they done! Where is my Irish Tommy and what happened to Eva!!! Dang it...why the heck did they feel the need to change!! Sucks....Ughhh...hate when that happens.....

Eccentric said...

Agree with all of the above. Disappointing �� Damn hate it when they mix with the formula before the use by date

sabinak said...

I just started watching season 3 and I can't deal with it. The way season 2 ended was so...weird, with so many things left unexplained or open. Like we know Eva is pretty much dead, but it's not like we were shown, so is she actually? We don't know what it is that she found out or who killed her and why. Then there's Hickman, where there was one teeny tiny mini little hint in that last episode that he might go back to the U.S. but I was waiting for that whole "Tiger" thing between him and Tommy to go down, like "we'll talk later" stuff. They kill Louis! Ugh, I couldn't, such a sweet guy...So when I got to season 3 I didn't expect to see Eva or Louis, though I wish I could've seen them. And most definitely hoped to get some kind of explanation. And then with that mini-hint of possibly leaving from Hickman, I was very disappointed he didn't come back but not fully surprised. But whaaaa? What about Tommy? What happened to him? I mean, yeah, the ICC cross-borders thing was dissolved but he could've come back. He was awesome!!! Ugh. Yeah, I agree, I also get attached to characters easily. But I feel like it's Torchwood all over again. A couple seasons of perfection with the people, the way it should be, and then another season comes and everything is different. Different set up, different rules, mostly different people (all of whom I like btw). I suppose they could've done it a bit less shockingly. Like bit by bit. One character out, then another, then another. Not boom. All. At the same time. Ugh. Rant over :D

MoyMoy said...

I started watching the show for the American cop from NYC, now that he's gone the show is just not the same.

Ocean Le said...

Im sad about EVA and TOMMY leaving the show....there was no closure. BUT Im thrilled that they are married and have 1 child together in real life.

ZeeMuh said...

It's complete bs to leave so many cliffhangers and don't clear up nothing smh... just sad!