MY HAIR CARE ROUTINE WITH NEW PRODUCTS


This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RethinkYourColour  #CollectiveBias

Ever since having my first child I started getting tons and tons of gray hairs and I am the kind of person that can't stand them. Some people live with them but for me it makes me feel old, let go, un-neat. I needed to cover them. The first time I did it was when my mom was here and she did them for me at home. She uses a wide painter's brush to spread the dye better. The second and third time I had help but the last time I dyed my hair I did it myself and it wasn't bad at all!




When I called salons around the price they gave me was $55+ and I can't pay that every month so I will continue to fill in my roots by myself. The one thing I notice when I choose the colors at the store is that none of them reflect my real color. My natural brown has streaks of red in the run and I want to show them still, but I normally use a dark brown or reddish brown.


This is my hair before I got pregnant with my first, as you can see the reddish highlights, totally natural.



My hair care routine is pretty simple but I started to incorporate the NEW John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Products products I found at Walmart. I picked up the Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Shampoo and Colour Deepening Conditioner that gradually deepens brunette color in the shower and it's safe for use on natural or color-treated hair and for use on highlights and lowlights, which is what I want. After 1 use I already see my how it infused my hair with a boost of color* giving it a deep, dark brunette, and
without the damage of traditional hair color.

*when using the Deeper™ system of shampoo, conditioner and treatment. 

They also have Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Treatment, an in shower treatment that I am going to be using and I'll show you the results in a couple of weeks. What I like about this treatment is that it's an instant fix, you don't have to use it every time you shower. It's new like the 2 other John Frieda products that I am using and it deepens and darkens brunette tones up to 1 shade after 1 use, it also infuses the hair with a boost of color for deep, dark brunette and it doesn't damage the hair like traditional hair color does, who likes damaged hair? Not me! And very important, it's safe for use on either natural or color-treated hair and for use on highlights and lowlights, yay!
When my hair was longer and I had it naturally curly. I miss it!

Another thing is, when I was in Argentina I cut about 20 inches of my hair and had a permanent straightening done, which has grown a lot now, so I have half wavy hair half straight-ish hair that I have to straight weekly for it to look decent. I do like it straight any way, but I have to admit I miss my curls. Needless to say, my hair is a bit damaged, so my routine goes as follows:



-I wash my hair with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Shampoo and I condition with the Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Conditioner. These are formulated with cocoa and evening primrose oil.
-I apply the Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Treatmen (when needed).
Be aware that you might find it at a Walmart store but you can find it here on the website.
-I air dry and I apply some argan oil while damp.
-Before I straighten my hair I use some heat protectant (although I forget this step sometimes oops).
-I straighten my hair and I apply an anti frizz mist.


If I see my ends looking dry and split I apply some nourishing oil, but once in a while I trim them a bit as well.

I'll post an update of the results but so far I am happy with them! Especially because I don't need to spend the big bucks to get nice salon looking hair!

What does your hair routine consist off? Do you do it mostly at home?

By the way, today's my 7th year anniversary of being married to my hubby!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

It can be so hard when you change your hair to find the right way to take care of it - especially something that isn't overly time consuming and expensive. I can't wait to see how well this works for you #client