NO MAKE UP MAKE UP CLASS AT SEPHORA




Ready. Set. Glamour! I have been going to these FREE make up classes at Sephora and I've been loving them. I found out they offered this while I was googling free or affordable make up classes for me to learn how to do my make up better in a more didactic way other than YouTube. You know I love YT but I felt like I needed something hands on, and these classes are amazing! The only draw back: most of them are on Sunday's at 9 am. Zzzz. 

But let's get on to the class! I've been to two before this one but I didn't think of taking pictures for share with you guys, but if you like this post I will share the tutorial of the "Contouring and Highlighting" and "Day time smokey eye" class.

They set up tables with mirrors and all the goodies you need: brushes, etc. They take your skin tone with these little thingies they have - you probably know- called color IQ and they ask you what type of coverage/foundation you want. For this class, because it's a "no make up make up look" we used BB cream, CC cream or tinted moisturizer. I chose the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Alaska (I think). 
Although I have to had broken out a few days before with hives (pregnancy? heat? allergies?) and I was still showing a bit so the light coverage wasn't the absolute best for this look but I think it did a good job covering most of it. 


At this location they have a lot of people from Sephora at the class, girls that are super sweet and helpful and they always ask you your preferences and go pull out products that fit your needs. My coach this time Lorraine, she brought me a moisturizer and eye cream that is safe for pregnancy: REN V-Cense™ Youth Vitality Day Cream  and Vita Mineral™ Active 7 Eye Gel. Close ups below:




The concealer I tried. Marc Jacobs Beauty Remedy Concealer Pen and the eye primer,
NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.
 Those samples are given out every time you answer a questions and participate in the class! I didn't realize at first, lol, but I got lile 4!
My notes and the  Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder for all over the face (I think, I am getting a bit confused) and the Cover FX setting powder to set the make up all over the face except the under eye area.
Here's some action over here. We moved over to eyes (full tutorial at the end), cheeks and lips. For the eyes a very simple look, a neutral light color for all over the lid and a darker one for the crease. A little bit of eye liner buffed out with a brush and mascara. For the lips they brought out some lip stains. I chose the BECCA Beach Tint in Watermelon.


For the cheeks I believe those are colors by Make Up Forever or Nars... I am so sorry I should have written it down. 



I filled in my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer.

Eye shadows:

Final results!
And here's the step by step (with my notes on which brushes to use) that they gave us at Sephora.

No-makeup Makeup
1. PREP your skin by smoothing moisturizer all over, tapping eye cream onto the eye area, and conditioning lips.
2. APPLY BB cream all over using a pressing, sweeping motion. Brush #56 of the Sephora collecion. 
3. TAP concealer onto your lid and under eye area Brush #45.
4. WARM a cheek stain on your fingers and bounce onto the apples of the cheeks (I used powder blush applied with brush #49.
5. APPLY a soft lip stain or sheer lipstick.
6. DUST a light, satin eye shadow onto your lids, then layer a matte medium-tone into the crease. 
7. LINE your eyes with a thin application of eyeliner. (Eye primer brush #45, shadow fluffy brush #10, eyeliner brush #11). Apply two coats of mascara.
8. FILL in brows with a tinted brow gel or brow shader, with brush #22

Steps not mentioned on the list but that we did: 
Using brush #55 we set the BB cream with a setting powder and with #10 we set the under eye area. 

Shopping list provided by them:
  • Moisturizer
  • eye cream
  • lip conditioner
  • bb cream
  • concealer
  • translucent powder
  • cream blush or cheek stain
  • lip stain or sheer lipstick
  • neutral satin eye shadow
  • neutral matte eye shadow
  • brown or dark gray eyeliner
  • brow gel or brow shader
  • mascara
  • brushes and tools
Let me know if you'd like me to keep posting about all the classes I am attending and I will try to gather as many details as possible! Leave me a comment letting me know!

No comments: