TEN THINGS YOU MUST DO THIS SPRING

I don't know where you are, but if you're anywhere but Southern California, you're noticing the changes of seasons and now the browns are turning greens and some greens are turning multi color and the sun is shinning and you might want to feel the motivation to go outside more.
Where I live it is always sunny, but that doesn't mean that I always feel like leaving my house. Lately, because I've been having bad pregnancy symptoms (worse than with my first pregnancy), all I want to do is hibernate and sleep and watch movies, shows and read books, but with the arrival of spring, I want to tell myself to be outdoors more, because let's face it, we do end up feeling better when we go outside.



Here are 5 of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice and I put together a sort of bucket list for you to get inspired as well:

1. Go hiking.

Hiking is probably one of my favorite things to do in the world. When we went to Argentina last year me and my hubby did a lot of hiking in the mountains and we decided we could do it forever (or until our bodies start failing us). Find a local place for you to hike and explore. Try to engage some friends to come with you. If you're trying to get in shape, hiking is definitely a good option to lunch, dinner or drinks.







2. Ride a bike

Riding a bike is liberating for me, it's like flying. I haven't done it in a long time because my bike was stolen 5 years ago and I never got a new one. :(



3. Sit outside a cafe pretending you're Parisian



Another one of my favorite activities. I looooove going out for coffee, sit outside and watch people go by.

4. Visit a farm to see the animals or the local zoo.

This is something we will definitely be doing as a family with our toddler. There's a zoo close by, the Santa Ana zoo.


In El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina


5. Walk on a deserted beach.

Not everyone is close to a beach but I am and I haven't walked on the beach probably since Will was born. I used to go every morning with my beach chair and a book, set the chair, walk one end to the other and then come back  and read for an hour. Since Will was born, time flew and he became such a huge baby that it was really hard for me to carry him (we have like 2 blocks worth of sand that separate us from the shore). But now it's definitely the time for everyone to take advantage of the beach near by, or not so near by.
Villa La Angostura, Patagonia Argentina

6. Organize a bonfire with friends.



On the same note and perhaps this can be done towards the end of spring. I definitely want to do this!

7. Go horse back riding.

Oh, I so wish I could do that everyday!



My sister Jazmin in Bariloche on our last trip to Argentina

8. Have breakfast in your balcony or patio for a whole week.

I bet you anything, you'll do it the rest of the season!



9. Start a spring reading list.

You can find mine here!

10. Have a pic nic at the park
Laguna Esmeralda, Ushuahia, the end of the world




We used to do this very often with my mom, dad and siblings. Time to bring it back.


What is your spring bucket list? Do you think you'll do any of these 10 ideas?



No comments: