One of the things that I realized was that we were being too lenient with him. If he didn't want something then we gave him something else. And part of that was that I was being too flexible with the meals. So I decided to create a 7 day meal plan, based on good yummy dinners (because this was the most problematic meal) and then use leftovers for lunch, eggs or yogurt for breakfast -for William, I usually eat oat meal- and 2 snacks a day.
This is the plan I came up with. I will link all the recipes that are already published on the blog and I will be posting the ones that aren't and I will update this post so you can have a reference.
7 Argentine Dinners (in no particular order):
Some of these are really old pictures, but I will try to post new (and better ones) as I cook these meals.
1. Beef milanesas with 2 color mashed (potatoes and butternut squash). Pictures with fries below:
2. Chicken milanesas with "ensalada mixta" (mixed salad): tomato, lettuce, onions, olive oil and balsamic. Pictures with the double colored mashed below:
3. Lasagna (to be posted). If you want to know which recipe I will be recreating, watch this video (in Spanish)
4. Empanadas (variations: beef, chicken, tuna, spinach)
5. Ham, cheese and tomato quiche (or tuna quiche) with a potato salad or mixed salad. To Be Posted.
6. Oven roasted beef -like tri tip, skirt or chuck- with oven roasted potatoes. Variation: whole chicken. I try to buy a marinated beef piece and cut potatoes in wedges, in the oven, boom!
7. Salmon and tri color squash. Side variations: Brussels sprouts with bacon -in the oven-, asparagus with egg and bacon -in the grill-. For the salmon I just put it in the oven with some olive oil, garlic salt and dill or an Argentine spice mix of parsley and garlic.
Like I said I will be posting the recipes and updating this post, along with new recipes, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Oh, I should post a shopping list soon as well!
For more recipes, like a Shepherd's Pie or chicken a la crema, check my Recipe tab!