A MOMENT LIKE THIS - DIY TODDLER INSTRUMENTS WITH COCA-COLA

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ExpressUrSelfie #CollectiveBias

Ever since a little girl there's been music in my house. My mom plays the guitar, my dad sings off key, and I loved dancing. My sister Laura also plays the guitar and she's a good singer. Me and her grew up watching MTV. making top 40 song lists, singing and writing songs, dancing in groups and I would dance to music by myself imagining I was the band leader of a band. 

When I became a mom I knew I wanted music to be a part of my son's life. I never had the patience to learn an instrument and I regret, but we will definitely enroll Will in piano lessons or something. But as a two year old, he loves to dance and play instruments. We bought him a harmonica and some cascabels maracas when we were in Argentina, he has a keyboard he loves to play with and we constanly listen to music and dance together. He loves Star Wars music thanks to his daddy.

Now, let me tell you that there's a super exciting sweepstakes going on right now!

Enter to win the Share a Coke Sweepstakes at cokeplaytowin.com/shareacokesweepstakes for a chance to win tickets to the American Music Awards® and more.

1. Snap a selfie with your favorite lyrics on a Share a Coke® bottle or can*

2. Upload your selfie to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ShareaCokeSweepstakes

3. Enter up to 12 times to increase your chances of winning a trip for 2 to the2016 American Music Awards®, along with hundreds of other great prizes! Including: wireless headphones, wireless speakers, a 1 year Premium Music App Membership or a $50 Music Gift Card



Now that Coca-Cola came up with the "Share a Coke and a Song" campaign, I thought it would be a great chance to make some dyi instruments with William so teach him crafts and music at the same time!

I went to Pavilions to get some of the new glass bottles to enjoy while spending the afternoon making these instruments. 


We made some Spanish castagnets using some cardboard that I covered with scrapbook paper and glued two metal lids to it to make a super fun sound, Will loved them!




These drums were a little more complicated but they came up amazing. I used sea shells because I didn't have any wooden beads but if you have some, it might be better to wrap them through. I used the cardboard rolls that come with ribbons and I cut one hole at the bottom to put the straw, and two little holes on the sides to pass the thread through and attach the sea seals at the end. 


And lastly, we made these diy maracas, so easy! If you have one of those Easter eggs running around your house, fill them with rice and then attach them to two plastic forks with washi tape!

I chose the to feature the bottle with the lyrics "A moment like this" because it's super romantic and also sentimental, it reminds me of all the little moments shared with family in were music is in the background setting up the mood. Sometimes I put all my memories together in my mind with a particular song like a video clip. Do you do that?


Get your groove on, play your favorite song and enjoy a cold coke!

No comments: