POLLO AL VERDEO CON PAPAS BRAVAS



This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Kroger. All opinions are mine alone. #RecetasParaMomentos #CollectiveBias





Ever since I moved to the US social media has been a huge part of my life, because it helps me keep connected to my family and friends. I can pretty much be a part of their daily lives, big accomplishments and even see what they eat. That’s why when I saw that a bunch of my friends were cooking this “pollo al verdeo” meal I had to try it for myself. And my oh, my. It’s not only super easy to make, but it looks and sounds sophisticated. If you invite people over and make this recipe, you will look like a queen.




photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
I paired it up with some “papas bravas”, that’s basically a variation from patatas espaƱolas (potatoes and spices). I went to my local Ralph’s to get all the ingredients because we have a Shoppers Card and we get really good discounts. I love to make simple and easy meals that look and taste gourmet.  


Because I save so much on food, I can splurge a little bit and buy some fresh flowers here and there. These gorgeous one was only $3.99 with the club card!
photo 4.JPG




Let’s get into the recipe:


For the chicken


1 lbs of chicken breast or tenderloins
½ cup of cornstarch
1 can of crema (from the Hispanic aisle) or 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 bunch of green onions
2/3 cup of white wine


For the potatoes


2 lbs (or as needed) potatoes
olive oil
paprika
cayenne pepper
oregano
dried or fresh parsley
garlic salt
onion powder
salt and pepper




Wash, peel and slice the potatoes at about ½ inch or less, not too thin.
In a bowl, mix the olive oil and the spices and coat the potatoes.
Bake at 350 until golden and cooked.


Chop the green onions and sautee them in the olive oil.
Mix the chicken with the cornstarch to coat.
Sautee and cook in the same pan.
Add the wine and let cook for 5-7 minutes.
When the chicken is almost cooked, add the cream and keep cooking on low.


I know this recipe will become very special because I will make it a few times in the future when I invite people over and it will remind me of my friends in Argentina! Isn't there a recipe for every special moment? I think so! What is the recipe that reminds you of your loved ones?




Find more delicious recipes to make with fresh and affordable ingredients here!

No comments: