SUMMER MAKEUP ESSENTIALS



Photo source

I don't know about you but during summer I get super lazy to do my makeup. Either because it feels so hot and I don't want to add any other layer on my face or because I feel I can hide my face behind big sunglasses. But I do love to feel dolled up even in this weather so I thought of simplifying my makeup routine down to a few steps to make it easier to do and still look like I slept (even though I am sleeping horribly lately due to the growing bump).


So here are my summer makeup essentials:


Light coverage foundation

The bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
e is a favorite in the beauty world because it offers god coverage with a very thin layer. This is $29.99 at Sephora and I don't think it's extremely expensive for a high end foundation. 
However you know I am a Loreal fan so I use the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Makeup, SPF 20
Photo from Drugstore.com

I should probably experiment with other drugstore and high end foundations but I hate to waste money so I tend to go for the known. I do have a few samples from Sephora for the Makeup Forever HD foundation that I will be trying soon and I purchased a foundation from Arbonne. If you have any recommendations I'll take them!

Color corrector


Photo from Ulta.com


For color correcting I have been usiing the NYX COSMETICS Dark Circle Concealer in medium that's $5.99 at Ulta. I have no complaints so far! They're a must for me lately because my dark circles are insane! If you haven't experimented with color correcting I would start with an inexpensive option like this one. 

Concealer



Photo from Target.com

I've been using the Maybelline® FIT ME!® Concealer but honeslty I can't say I am in love with it. I do like it, but I have to experiment with it a few more times. I always feel like it creases and leaves more texture than I want. I do however have to get a good trasluscent powder. 


Blush
Photo from Arbonne.com




During summer I like to replace the plum colores for bright pinks. I have been using one called Taffeta from Arbonne  ($30) and one from Loreal called Rosy Outlook ($7.59)


Highlighter


The Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit is getting all the rave on social media, blogs and youtube, and it's only $40. it brings 4 beautiful shades, 1 bronzer shade, 2 highlights and a blush.



If you want a more affordable highlither, there are a ton of options at the drugstore, like Loreal, Wet 'n Wild (4.99) and Revlon, among others. 


Photo from Target.com



Soft pink or gold eye shadows

Photo from Sephora.com
I have been using my Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 because it has very soft pinks and golds. 
This palette is $54 and it has beautiful summer like colors, as you can see, it was inspired by a sunset. If you can afford the price tag (and I get it, I got this for Christmas), the Blushed Nudes by Maybeline is a great alternative for $9.99. I will compare the two palettes in a future post.
Photo from Target.com



Mascara





I have been using the Too Faced Better than sex mascara that I got as a gift when I purchased the Naked Palette, but now they've come up with a waterproof one so that should be a great option for the summer!
My favorite drugstore mascara is the L'Oreal® Paris Voluminous Original Mascara but it's not waterproof. 

Lipstick

For summer I love hoy pinks and rosy nudes. I recently purchased the Maybelline® Color Sensational® Creamy Mattes in Mesmerizing Magenta but unfortunately is not as bright as I would have liked. However, it's super creamy and long lasting. 



I don't have a huge problem with my eye brows because I feel they're pretty full already and I don't add much bronzer or other products. A bronzer could be added to the must-haves for summer but I feel with the heat my face warms up pretty well.

What are your summer makeup essentials? Throw me your favorites and recommendations!

No comments: