5 DAYS UNTIL WE MEET BABY WESLEY!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TopYourSummer  #SoHoppinGood  #CollectiveBias


I haven't been talking much about this pregnancy on the blog but let me tell you I am so excited to finally meet our second baby boy! I am relieved that the pregnancy is ending at this time and that I didn't have to go through during the whole summer!



Overall, it's been harder than my first one but I know it will all be worth it. I am having a scheduled c-section on the 18th so God willing we'll meet Wesley that day if not before.

However, I still had to find ways to beat the heat and what better treat for that than ice cream! Just as I wait patiently the arrival of our second son and we know our family will be so filled with love as we enjoy this time together, ice cream is always better when you top it with something delicious!


Have you tried the Blue Bunny® ice cream? It's so creamy and delicious I can't get enough of it.





My hubby has been doing a lot of shopping runs and often Walmart is the destination to buy me food and treats- because every pregnant woman needs treats!




Another challenge that we might be facing is our two and a half year old boy Will. Not that he's a challenging toddler, he's very well behaved and usually entertains himself a lot, but I am afraid that with the arrival of his baby brother he'll experience some jealousy, and that he will want extra attention. We are already planning on things to do with him, games to introduce during this time and special one on one activities to do.


smuckers image.jpeg


For example, while I might be spending a lot of time with the baby him, we planned new games for Will to discover, my hubby will take him to the park and the library (or his Pokemon Go runs grrr), and we will be taking lots of walks together as a family (once I am completely able to).


I went to the dollar store to get some supplies to create three games for Will:



A race track for his cars -he's obsessed with cars as any other toddler. This is super easy to do, just tape masking tape along anything you allow your toddler to climb and he'll be entertained for hours! Well, maybe not hours, but a good time.







Building "blocks" made with sponges




Lately he's been obsessed with letters. He knows the whole alphabet in Spanish and he sees letters in the shadows. He likes to make letters with his legos and I thought these sponges blocks would be good to build and also to draw letters. Another super easu thing to do. Cut these sponges lengthwise in three pieces and voila!


Color matching and more.

I bought these ice cream sticks to do several games, we can build, we can draw letters or matching games. Options are endless with these really!




And of course, beating the heat of the summer indoors when we have to stay inside eating Blue Bunny® Butter Pecan ice cream topped with Smucker’s Caramel Flavored Spoonable Ice Cream Topping or Smucker’s Microwaveable Hot Fudge Topping! Smucker's has so many toppings to choose from though I can't wait to do an ice cream bar one of these days! Family days are awesome because we get to spend a lot of time together, but welcoming a baby can get expensive so I like that Smucker's offers veriaty for a really good price and delicious taste.

And one more exciing thing, there's an Ibotta offer on Smucker's toppings! You can earn cash back on Smucker's Ice Cream Toppings with the free Ibotta app!.

What are your go to sweet treats to beat the heat? What toddler activities do you recommend for when you need to tend to your newborn?


1 comment:

Denise Johnson said...

These activities look like so much fun! Congrats on the new addition to the family! {client}