GREEN GODDESS SMOOTHIE

This blog post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Pure Protein. All opinions are mine alone. #KeepOnTrack #CollectiveBias

I have a super fun and refreshing recipe for you to start getting ready for summer! This smoothie is full of fruits and protein! How you ask? Because I discovered that by adding one New Pure Protein Plus Bar, it brings the smoothie to another level! It replaces sugar and it gives 20-21g of protein and 15-16g of fiber! Perfect to start your day or for a pre or post workout snack. They are low in sugar, GMO and Gluten free. And it comes in these four delicious flavors:
  • Apple Pie (used in this recipe)
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Mocha Brownie
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Ibotta is having a great deal for this New Pure Protein Plus Bars, check it out!

Be sure to enter the New Pure Protein Plus Bars sweepstakes below!
Pure Protein Plus Bars #KeepOnTrack Sweepstakes


photo.JPG

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of milk (adjust if necessary)
  • 1 green apple
  • 1 kiwi
  • 1/2 pear
  • 1 Pure Protein Plus Bar Apple Pie flavor
  • Ice

Chop all the fruits and mix in a blender with the yogurt and the milk, adjusting accordingly. Cut the Pure Protein Plus Bar in little pieces and add little by little tasting the level of sweetness. The sweeter you want it the more you should add!

Super simple, refreshing and nutritious!

Speaking of pre or post workout snacks, I wanted to talk a little bit about what I plan to do after the baby is born. I've gained way too much weight in between pregnancies and during this last one that I feel a little bad about myself sometimes. I wasn't very disciplined with my eating and my exercising even before I got pregnant this last time.

I plan to enroll in a boot camp! I do want to invest in my health. What I like about this boot camp is that it is outdoors, which will really help me in the newborn days when all I wanted to do when Will was born was crawl into a ball and sleep and cry. Being out with other people, under the sun and working out will help.

When I started working out after my first pregnancy I wanted to go back to doing the at home workout routine I was doing with a free online program. When Will was born, it was hard to work out because I didn't want to wake him and when he grew up he would get between my legs. Excuses, excuses. I am not where I want to be.

Therefore, I decided to enroll in a boot camp and cook better. Of course, I should be doing it now right? I am, slowly, because believe it or not I still get sick!

Creating and making smoothie recipes, salads, and original meals that are refreshing for this time of the year makes it a lot easier to want to eat better, don't you think? Having nutritious snacks like the new Pure Protein Plus Bars available at Walmart on hand help me for when I am craving something sweet that adds protein. They not only have the Apple Pie flavor that is really good, they also have Cookies and Cream, Mocha Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Yum!

For more Pure Protein Plus Bars inspiration, visit this website. Make sure to enter the sweepstakes below too for a chance to win prizes to help #KeepOnTrack!


 


No comments: