BOOK REVIEW: THE SIREN BY KIERA CASS

25817407


This was a highly hyped up book but the author of The Selection series. The book cover lived up to the expectation of all the readers already in love with Kiera Cass' book covers.



The story? It was good. I didn't know what to expect because even though I did read the three books on The Selection and The Heir and I liked them, I didn't think they're oh-my-gosh master pieces. They're summer reads in my opinion, highly entertaining but with no significant after-read value.
I won't say The Siren blew my mind or anything, but it was an entertaining read.

The main character is named Kahlen, she's an 80 year old siren who sold her life to the Ocean when she was about to drown when she was 19. The story line and background I thought was very interesting and original.
The Ocean needs to feed of humans and uses sirens to lure them in to the sea. These sirens are young beautiful girls the Ocean saves from drowning in exchange of 100 years of service.

But of course, Kahlen falls in love with a boy, who falls in love with her (beauty) even though she can't utter a word in the real world. The boy's name is Akinli, which is my opinion is uncesserily weird for a modern name. I didn't like how quickly he falls for her (although not surprised) and she becomes the only element needed for his survival.

Overall how the story develops isn't as predictable as I thought it would be and I definitely recommend this book to read this summer! You can read it anytime but if you're looking for something to read now this is it!


No comments: