ORANGE POUND CAKE WITH ORANGE GLAZE


Disclaimer: sorry about the crappy photos, these were taken with my phone. I did take some with my camera but as I am normally attached to an infant I didn't have to time to edit them. Hope you enjoy this recipe!


Hi y'all. I won't get tired of apologizing for not being as prolific as a should here on the blog but let me tell you that I have a bunch of ideas I want to do, it's just life has been hectic around here since the arrival of our little Wesley. Needless to say it's been a hapy hectic, but still. Not much down time left for me to sit and write or produce blog posts.


I did, however, carved up a little time to make this recipe I had going around my head some time and I really wanted it for my tea time. I hope you make and love it because it truly is super easy to make. 



1 cup of butter (not melted but room temp)
1 cup of sugar
4 eggs
juice and peel of an orange
1 1/4 cup of flour
3 tsp of baking powder

Mix the sugar and the butter with a mixer.
Add the eggs and the orange juice. Continue mixing. 
Stop the mixer and add part of the flour with the baking powder. Hand mix. 
Add the orange peel. 
Add the rest of the butter and mix. 
Pour in a previously greased mold. 
Cook at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Don't open the oven while baking. 

For the glaze:

Juice of an orange
powdered sugar

Mix the two together until the glaze is thick and creamy and pour on top the cake once is baked and cool. 

Enjoy!

No comments: