WELCOME BABY WESLEY!

It's been a month since my baby boy has been home with us and it's been amazing. Crazy but awesome. Of course going from 1 to 2 kiddos changes everything! But it only adds to the joy.

I am sleep deprived and nursing around the clock. Wes is a more demanding bebe than his older brother was, I think, as far as I can remember but something to always keep in mind is that the first few months shouldn't be taken as a norm because they are chaotic and they go by so fast. Everything gets better and better!

Let me tell you a little bit about Wesley's birth. It was a scheduled c-section. I had Will through an emergency c-section so we decided to go that route this time around to avoid any risks on my life or the baby's.


Going to the hospital and getting prepped for surgery this time was a little nerve racking because I knew I was going in for surgery and it was scary. I bet it's scary regardless but I felt way more anxious than the first time.

The prepped me at 5:30 am, and I went in for surgery around 7:15 am. They put the spinal injection and the anesthesiologist told me I might feel my chest numb and a sensation like I can't breath. Well, I totally did and it threw me on a panic attack while I was about to be cut open, lol. Luckily the anesthesiologist gave me some meds to calm down and everything went smoothly. I got a little too relaxed and all of the sudden they were bringing me my baby to do skin to skin!

With Will they showed us him over the curtain but they didn't show us Wes, they brought him right away to do skin to skin. My hubby was called to cut the cord but with the lack of sleep, food and nerves he passed out and had to take him out to help him, poor guy!

Wes was so cute! I did skin to skin and nursed him right away, he latched great. We spent about an hour in the recovery room and I was begging for water but they'd only give me ice chips. I ended up losing my voice because I was so thirsty. But my body received the ice and later water great so I was able to have liquid dinner that night.

The hospital stay was great overall, we stayed 4 nights and all the nurses were awesome.

The few things that were harder for me this time around, was the itching that came as a side effect of the spinal injection, and... I can't remember what else, but overall I felt I was more tired this time around. Like I didn't bounce back as fast. The itching was terrible though.

Wes had low blood sugar, just as Will had, but thank God he didn't have jaundice so we didn't have to stay extra time!

He weighed 8.8 lbs and measured 21 inches long.

At one month he's 10.4 lbs and measures a little over 23 inches!



 


No comments: