THE FAMILIAR AROMAS OF LA FAMILIA

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CambialoConQ S#CollectiveBias


It's been ten years since I left Argentina and a lot more since my grandmother passed away. Yet, to this day there are smells that take me back to my old house, my grandmother's house, the one that has been teared down and a new house was built.

My grandmother was sort of a magical creature. She could make a smile appear where you wouldn't forsake one and the smells of her house were similar to the ones you snif at Disneyland. Mi abuela kept her house clean and always smelling fresh but it's not the aroma of cleanliness what I remember the most, it was her own smell, a mix of flowers and lavender.

Mi abuelito had an old Ford Falcon. He actually had two. The first one I knew was a dark pink color. I know, it was pink! But it wasn't like a regular pink it was more of a turned off shade. And years later he upgraded to a newer model that was green. The Ford Falcon was huge and it always smelled of gasoline and pine. Mi abuelo did the maintenance of his car at home and we, grandchildren, usually ran around asking him a million questions while he did it. He changed the oil himself too.

I cherish these memories and try to hold on to all the little details, especially because la casa I grew up in doesn't exist, mi barrio (hometown) Devoto is so far away and mis abuelos are no longer with us either. I try to hold on to sensory memories like smell and touch. I still remember the feel of the leather in my abuelo's car.

I won't be as good as mi abuelo in doing the maintenance in my car, but I do try to keep it in good shape so it lasts as long as he made his autos last.
I change the oil regularly at my local Walmart's Auto Center because the oil they use, Quaker State Oil, is not only #1 in South America, but it's also very affordable at $19.88 and the service at the Auto Center is great.

As you may know from previous posts, mi mami is visiting from Argentina. I always look forward to her visits and I am so agradecida that she has been able to come four times already. Hopefully next time she comes with my papi. This time around we haven't done much shopping, even though we welcomed a new baby we had a lot already. We're starting to plan Will's 3rd cumpleaños but we haven't shopped for that already. However, we try to get out and share a lot of little moments. She loves Walmart because clothes are affordable and she loves the Garden Center as well, so of course she came with me when I needed to change the oil in my car. The whole process only took 45 minutes and we shopped while we waited. 


I was able to get the materials or ingredients needed to prepare this Lavender Linen Spray I want to share with you to spray on your pillow and help you relax to sleep better.

You'll need:

witch hazel (found at Walmart for less than $1.50)
Organic Lavender Essential Oil
Water
Spray bottle



Mix equal parts of water and witch hazel with 10-15 drops of the oil and pour into a spray bottle. Keep on your night stand and spray a bit before you go to sleep to ensure you relax and get a better night's sleep. Super easy!



No comments: