DON'T LET ANYTHING STOP YOU FROM ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #sigueconAdvil #CollectiveBias




As the year comes to an end we all start thinking about what we achieved and what we didn’t. I try not to beat myself up if one of my resolutions didn’t get done. Life is short, yes, and that’s exactly why we shouldn’t dwell on our shortfalls. We are going to fail, things are going to happen and it’s ok. Life happens. I always try to tell myself what my mama always tells me: “M’hija, no te preocupes, no agrega uin dĂ­a a tu vida. Si puedes cambiar nada entonces no pierdas tu tiempo”. Translation? “Honey, don’t worry, it won’t add one day to your life. If you can’t change a thing, then don’t waste your time worrying”. And oh, Latinos, we love to worry, haven’t you seen the telenovelas?

Since becoming a mom I’ve let go of a lot of things, and aiming for perfection is one of them. Also showering, doing my nails, hair, shaving… no, just kidding, luckily I’ve been able to do all of that! Another thing I noticed on the days following bringing my first son from the hospital was a terrible lower back pain. I was bending over a lot to pick him up, dress him change his diaper, and that didn’t change as he got bigger and heavier. 


My back pain would be excruciating some days and as moms perhaps we don’t like to admit that we need to take something for the pain, but I’ve decided not to let the pain stop me from what I need to do, so I take Advil® when it’s too much to handle, because Advil® has provided safe, effective pain relief for over 30 years. I also try to do back exercises and put some heating pad, but when that doesn’t work, Advil® comes to the rescue. Also, for when Aunt Flo visits (not recently) pain can be a reason not to be able to live to the fullest, so Advil® takes care of that too, and I get it at Walmart now that there's one super close to us!*



What are things that could stop you from doing what you want/need to do? What do you do to fix it?

One thing I struggle with is organization. Actually, I want my word for 2017 top be ORGANIZATION. Bleh, I am so bad at it! But I decided to take the bull by its horns and get my life together, that’s why I started using a planner (or two, or three) and decorating them. I will confess, at first I was decorating it because it was so fun, it’s a great creative outlet and very relaxing and therapeuric for me.
If you want to get started on planning but don’t know how here’s what you need:


  • 1 planner
  • Inserts (monthly, weekly, or daily)
  • Pens, of course.
  • Washi tape (be careful, there, it can get addicting)
  • Stickers (optional but fun and addicting)
  • Cardstock or scrapbooking paper

 
Shopping list
Here are some dividers that I made to separate my monthly from my weekly inserts. Thing won’t make you more organized or productive, but it will help you motive you to sit down and plan and look at your planner more now that it’s all dolled up. Eventually, it’s making me more organized and productive.
weekly habit and cleaning tracker




For the divider:
  • Use a piece of cardstock and cut it using one of your planner inserts to measure. Mine werew 5.83 × 8.27 inches.
  • Use journaling cards, stickers, die cuts, ephemera or print words from your computer to decorate your cover.
  • Cut the shape of a tab to make a divider tab and write or print a word to label it.
  • Optional: laminate it. I will laminate it but I haven’t opened  my laminator yet!
meal planner



This morning I woke up with a lot of back pain, since we've been moving and packing and unpacking and picking up our kiddos. It's taken a toll on our backs, both my hubby and mine's. but today I wanted to sit and plan and craft and I also had some translation work to do and didn't want my pain to stop me, so I had an Advil®  tablet and felt much better. I was able to do two dividers for my new A5 planner!


If you want to see how I decorate my planner on a weekly basis, check my You Tube channel!







What will you do today to overcome the road blocks that seem to want to stop you from achieving your goals?

Among OTC brands. *Use as directed.

No comments: